Design Residency: Ventures, our ten-month, part-time program, will provide you and a team member with customized coaching, tools, and financial support to scale and implement innovative and equity-centered solutions to DC’s most pressing educational challenges.
Design Residency is the final of the three open application stages in the CityBridge Incubator aimed at creating excellent and equitable schools and educational ventures.
The application period for our 2022-2023 Ventures Cohort is now closed. To stay in touch with us and learn more about Ventures programming, sign up for our emails.
What You Will Do
- Design a pilot to test and adapt your solution
- Develop a robust business model canvas for your venture
- Build a network map of potential advisers, funders, and partners
- Pitch your solution to a panel of experts
What You Will Get
- Up to a $20,000 start-up grant
- Dynamic workshops
- Individualized weekly coaching sessions
- Customized support to develop a network of potential funders and partners
Who Should Apply
Entrepreneurs, educators, or education-adjacent professionals across Washington, DC who have:
- Met our criteria
- Used their domain expertise to identify, define, and explore a problem
- Designed a social venture that is focused on becoming sustainable through revenue generation
- Piloted or tested at least one aspect of their solution
- A deep commitment to DC’s young people