Design Fellowship, our four-month, immersive fellowship, will help innovators like you design and scale equity-centered solutions to DC’s most pressing educational challenges.
During the fellowship, you will receive customized tools, coaching, and financial support to design, test, adapt, and scale a right-sized pilot solution. After the fellowship, you will have ongoing access to our tools, a vibrant community of designers, and the wider CityBridge network to help you implement and scale your idea. You will also be eligible to apply to Stage 3 of our programming, the CityBridge Design Residency program.
Design Fellowship is the second of three stages in the CityBridge Incubator aimed at creating excellent and equitable schools and educational ventures.
- Application Deadline: November 27, 2020
- Workshop Dates: Jan 15; Feb 25; Mar 25; Apr 29; May 27
“Each session was extremely thought-provoking and brought healthy debate to our team. The execution was amazing!” —Former Design Fellow
What You Will Do
- Explore and define a student-centered problem and the conditions that shape it
- Design one or more pilots to test, adapt, and scale innovative and equity-centered solutions
- Learn and collaborate with a community of like-minded educators, entrepreneurs, and leaders
Where You Will Focus
Working together on common challenges will help school teams go farther together. Additional support provided for teams who focus their work on one of these areas:
- Mental health and social-emotional learning
- Assessment of learning
- Family engagement
- Support for special populations, specifically, students with disabilities and English Language Learners
What You Will Get
- Four dynamic workshops
- Individualized coaching
- Stipends of $750-$5,000 per team for piloting
- Custom design tools and methods
- Access to vibrant and committed community
- Ongoing support to continue piloting through the end of the school year
Who Should Apply
- Teams of school-based educators across Washington, DC (e.g. an assistant principal and two additional educators) or teams of non-school based educators who work with students regularly
- Participants able to commit 6 to 8 hours between each full-day workshop to apply the tools with students and the school community, and to work with their team and CityBridge coach
The Fellowship is designed for teams, not for individuals. We encourage teams consisting of three members.