Be an entrepreneur with CityBridge.
CityBridge seeks out and supports top-tier prospective school leaders to design and establish the next generation of public schools in Washington, D.C.
CityBridge has funded and incubated a number of schools in the District already, including D.C. International School, Statesmen College Preparatory Academy for Boys, and Washington Leadership Academy. Our early stage funding and expert staff provide entrepreneurs with the time, space, and connections they need to create schools that serve the learning needs of every child.
- Application Opens >> September 25, 2018
- 1st Webinar >> October 2018
- 2nd Webinar >> December 2018
- Application Deadline >> January 17, 2019
- Decisions by >> May 2019
Check back for dates for our webinars.
What does CityBridge provide?
Founding a school is hard. Past entrepreneurs we’ve worked with have told us what supports are most valuable:
- Seed capital to work full-time on school creation
- CityBridge Design Studio to design innovative schools with the lens of equity.
- Bespoke support from our experienced school launch and incubation team to work through the toughest challenges.
- Political mapping to build up your network of civic leaders at all levels of the city
- Workspace for productivity and collaboration
Who is eligible to apply? What do you look for?
Founding a school demands a wide spectrum of skills so we consider entrepreneurs from a wide array of backgrounds.
The only requirements are that selected entrepreneurs be located in the D.C. area during the incubation period, and that the schools be located in D.C. and serve the District’s students.
In our experience incubating schools, the following characteristics have been crucial in our most successful entrepreneurs:
- A track record of taking on big projects and leading teams to success.
- Restlessness with the status quo and a passion for dreaming up new ideas.
- Fierce dedication to ensuring that every student has an environment where they can thrive academically and emotionally.
- A habit of inclusiveness so that every team member contributes to achieving team goals.
We also recognize that founding a school is not a solo endeavor and that leaders with complementary skill-sets may have a higher chance of success. We therefore strongly encourage pairs of entrepreneurs who share a common vision for their school to apply together.
Not sure if you’re a good fit? Don’t hesitate to contact us to find out.
Subscribe here to be added to our mailing list so we can keep you informed of webinar dates and deadlines.