Do you want to bring innovative solutions to DC’s public schools?
Do you want to take your education venture to the next level? CityBridge can help.
Design Residency: Ventures, our five-month, part-time program, will provide you and a team member with customized coaching, tools, and financial support to scale and implement innovative and equity-centered solutions to DC’s most pressing educational challenges.
Design Residency: Ventures is the third of three stages in the CityBridge Incubator aimed at creating excellent and equitable schools and educational ventures.
- August 12: Application launch
- August 31: Application deadline
- September 1: Finalists selected for interviews
- September 15: Final cohort selected
- Late October: Program Begins
Have additional questions? Please contact us.
What You Will Do
- Design a pilot to test, adapt, and scale your solution
- Develop a robust business plan for your venture
- Create a network map of potential advisers, funders, and partners
- Pitch your solution to a panel of experts
What You Will Get
- A $10,000 grant
- Dynamic virtual workshops twice a month
- Individualized coaching sessions once a week
- Expert support to design and implement your pilot
- Custom support to develop a network of potential funders and partners
Who Should Apply
- Entrepreneurs who have:
- Identified, defined, and explored a problem and solution
- Piloted or tested at least one aspect of their solution
- Experience in running a program, managing a team, or starting an initiative
- A deep commitment to DC’s young people