Remote learning has made it difficult for schools to reach and engage students, deliver high-quality curriculum, and ensure our most vulnerable students are thriving.
As part of CityTutor DC, a coalition-driven initiative coordinated by CityBridge to dramatically expand access to targeted, high-impact tutoring to thousands of K-8 students, we are partnering with schools across Washington, DC. Over the next few months, we will help them design and integrate high-impact tutoring—a proven method to accelerate student achievement—into their daily work.
If you are a school-based staff member interested in joining our next Design Sprint, please submit the form below. Our team will contact you with additional information. In the meantime, learn more about Design Sprint below.
MORE ABOUT DESIGN SPRINT:
Takes place every Wednesday from May 5-June 2, 4:00-6:30 PM EST
What You Will Do
- Create a new student schedule for scaled implementation
- Design a plan to strengthen the implementation of instruction recovery strategies
- Identify and set measurable student learning targets
- Conduct asynchronous work between weekly sessions
What You Will Get
- A five-week learning series
- Expert facilitation to help leaders integrate high-impact tutoring into the school day
- Support in designing an implementation plan
- Best practices and ongoing support for continuous improvement
- A community of like-minded leaders in DC charters and DC Public Schools
- Greater access to qualified tutors to support your school team
Who Should Apply
- Two elementary or middle school-based staff members committed to addressing instructional loss in their school. Teams within each school should consist of:
- At least one school leader who has the authority to make substantive changes to the schedule and plans to return to the same school next year
- An instructional team member (e.g., teacher, interventionist, instructional coach)
- Leaders who possess an entrepreneurial mindset and willingness to disrupt inequitable systems
- Leaders with a commitment to opening with city health guidance permitting
* Design Sprint is designed for school teams, not for individuals. Teams must consist of at least two school staff members.