Continue your design journey. Join our Targeted Networks.
Design Studio will provide you with the tools to design equity-centered solutions to DC’s most pressing educational challenges, but that is just the beginning of your design journey.
By joining one of our Targeted Networks, you will receive additional space, resources, and support to strengthen your equitable design.
For questions about our Targeted Networks, contact email@example.com.
What is a Targeted Network?
A targeted network is a virtual community of practice composed of Design Studio participants who are tackling a similar educational challenge. Each network is co-constructed by Design Studio participants and CityBridge-sponsored subject-matter experts.
Why should I join a Targeted Network?
We believe that a community of designers — anchored in a similar challenge area — can generate transformative innovations. By joining one of our networks, you will receive:
- A stipend of up to $250 to support the implementation of your solution
- Expert guidance to sharpen your equitable design methods and mindsets
- Research and best practice resources in your challenge area
- Access to a community of designers working in a similar challenge area
- Virtual space to collaborate and share “early discoveries” as you implement
- Connections to key ecosystem players
- Access to additional funding opportunities for promising, scalable innovations
How does a Targeted Network function?
Design Studio participants will select from one of our two networks based on their challenge.
In order for a network to begin, there must be a commitment of at least five participants. Participants can include a design partner that may not have attended Design Studio.
Participants will collectively decide what supports they need to strengthen their designs, and CityBridge will help coordinate. Additional supports could include:
- Virtual field trips or interviews with a key influencer or expert in the challenge area
- An opportunity to pitch to a panel for feedback
- Peer consultation on designs
- Access to additional resources on a specific problem area
Who can join a Targeted Network?
To join, you must:
- Be a participant of Design Studio
- Be able to attend all five 2-hour network convenings
- Focus on one of the two problem areas below:
- Special Populations (Students with disabilities or English Language Learners)
- Mental Health
When do we start?
- Early November