Do you want to bring innovative solutions to DC’s public schools? Join our Design Studio workshop.
Design Studio, our two-part introductory workshop, will help innovators like you build and test equity-centered solutions to DC’s most pressing educational challenges.
During the workshop, you will deepen your understanding of a problem, define your approach, and learn the fundamentals of prototyping and testing solutions. After the workshop, you will have opportunities for additional support to further design and potentially scale your solution. You will also be eligible to apply to Stage 2 of our programming, the CityBridge Design Fellowship.
The Design Studio is the first of three stages in the CityBridge Incubator aimed at creating equitable and excellent schools and educational ventures.
June 19, 2020
July Studio Opportunities:
Cohort A: July 8, 15
Cohort B: July 9, 16
Cohort C: July 22, 29
Cohort D: July 23, 30
> Apply for Design Studio
What You Will Do
- Explore and define a student-centered problem and the conditions that shape it
- Develop a plan to gather more data on the selected problem and design a prototype
- Learn and collaborate with a community of like-minded educators, entrepreneurs, and leaders
What You Will Get
- Two 3-hour virtual sessions
- Resources and support to build and develop your ideas
- Custom design tools and methods
- Access to a vibrant and committed community
- Optional post-workshop support, network, and micro-funding to continue your design within specific problem areas: social-emotional health, personalization and assessment in distance learning, family engagement, and special populations programming (special education and English Language Learner supports).
Who Should Apply
- Educators (teachers, school leaders) or education-adjacent professionals (social workers, class leads, administrators) across Washington, DC who:
- Have identified a problem area in their school or educational community
- Are in the early stages of building a solution to this problem
- Have at least one year of experience working in education or with students/youth
- Are able to attend both sessions