Design Studio, our two-part introductory workshop, brings together innovative educators and entrepreneurs to learn the fundamentals of equitable design, build equity-centered solutions, and collaborate around a shared vision for a more excellent, equitable education for all students.
During the workshops, you will deepen your understanding of a problem, learn the fundamentals of piloting planning, and participate in a network of innovators for education. After the workshop, you will have opportunities for additional support and to apply to Targeted Networks or Design Fellowship.
Design Studio is the first of three stages in the CityBridge Incubator aimed at creating excellent and equitable schools and educational ventures.
Applications to our Winter 2022 cohort will be accepted December 1 to January 14.
“Great programming, super engaging, truly felt how passionate and invested in our ideas both facilitators were.” —Former Design Studio participant
What You Will Do
- Explore and define a student-centered problem and the conditions that shape it
- Create a problem statement and pilot question to help guide your pilot design
- Develop a plan to gather more data on the selected problem or design a pilot
- Learn and collaborate with a community of like-minded educators, entrepreneurs, and leaders
What You Will Get
- Two three-hour virtual sessions
- Resources and support to build and develop your ideas
- Custom design tools and methods
- Access to a vibrant and committed community
- Optional post-workshop support to continue your design within specific problem areas: social-emotional health, personalization and assessment in distance learning, family engagement, and special populations programming (special education and English Language Learner supports)
Who Should Apply
- Educators (teachers, school leaders) or education-adjacent professionals (social workers, class leads, administrators) across Washington, DC who:
- Have identified a problem area in their school or educational community
- Are in the early stages of building a solution to this problem
- Have at least one year of experience working in education or with students/youth
- Are able to attend both sessions:
- Wednesday, February 2nd from 3:00-6:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, February 9th from 3:00-6:00 p.m.