Do you want to bring innovative solutions to DC’s public schools? Join the CityBridge Incubator.
Now more than ever, we must boldly redesign our education system with the needs of our most marginalized students at the center.
The CityBridge Incubator is an ideal space for innovators and problem-solvers (like you) to explore, design, and test equitable solutions with guidance from our expert coaches. Whether you are interested in creating new schools, organizations, or programs within existing schools, the CityBridge Incubator will prepare you to scale and implement your solution in a real-world setting.
Customized for each individuals’ and teams’ needs, the Incubator offers three stages of increasing intensity, support, participant’s experience level, and length. Across these three stages, the CityBridge Incubator will provide you with customized coaching, tools, support, and community to take your vision from idea to reality. Throughout the program, you will deepen your understanding of an educational problem, design and test your solution or idea, build a guiding coalition, and launch a proposal at scale.
“This is the best programming I’ve ever been a part of. Thank you so, so much for your hard work in arranging the magic.” —Former School Design Fellow
Stage 1: Design Studio
- Participant Profile: Individuals
- Application: No
- Funding: Up to $250
- Length: Two 3-hour workshops
- Frequency: Year-round opportunities
- Support: Virtual support and optional post-workshop support, network, and micro-funding
- Testing: Design and run a single pilot
- Outcomes: Build a test to run after the workshop
Stage 2: Design Fellowship
- Participant Profile: Teams
- Application: Yes
- Funding: $750 – $5,000
- Length: 4 full-day workshops across 4 months
- Frequency: 2 cohorts: fall and spring
- Support: Individualized coaching between workshops
- Testing: Design and run one or more pilot of varying complexity
- Outcomes: Build a Theory of Change, a larger-scale test, and a blueprint that captures your design story to build a coalition
Stage 3: Design Residency
- Participant Profile: Team or Individuals
- Application: Yes
- Funding: Up to $120,000
- Length: 1 year, full-time
- Frequency: 1 cohort annually
- Support: Individualized coaching and strategic workshops
- Testing: Run strategic pilots
- Outcome: A new start charter school application, a business plan, or a scaled transformation within an existing school
Application for Design Residency will open Fall 2020.