CityBridge Education constantly seeks out excellent talent to join our team. We are currently hiring for the following positions:
The Chief of Staff reports to the CEO and functions as the lead staff manager and strategist for CityBridge Education. He or she provides internal leadership to the strategic planning process, and in partnership with other senior leaders, manages the entire CityBridge team toward execution of that strategy. In this role, the Chief of Staff also serves as a confidante and gatekeeper to the CEO, synthesizing and distilling key information and streamlining the organizational decision-making process so the CEO can prioritize external affairs.
- Lead, coach, develop, and retain CityBridge’s high performing management team
- Lead the strategic planning process resulting in clear priorities for CityBridge’s work over the next five years
- Identify opportunities to leverage cross-program and cross-team strengths to take advantage of new opportunities or to address organizational challenges
- Develop and manage all staffing functions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, and performance management
- Serve as the culture czar of the organization, ensuring that the systems are in place to sustain our organizational culture while building on it in service of better outcomes and higher staff capacity
Operations and Finance
- Directly oversee the finance and operations team
- Prepare an annual operating budget, manage effectively within the budget, and ensure accurate reporting; ensure the continued financial health of CityBridge through sound fiscal management
- Manage operations staff effectively, ensuring strong systems and operational strength across the organization
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Superior strategic thinking skills
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, and self-directed
- Deep experience in program management
- Excellent project management skills with a track record of managing many projects at one time
- Analytical decision maker with the ability to prioritize and communicate to staff key objectives and tactics necessary to achieve goals
- A track record of creativity and nimble leadership
- Significant experience leading and managing in senior roles
- Exceptional written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills; strong presentation skills and the ability to interface with senior management, the board of directors, and staff
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to Jonathon Bridgeman. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
Our School Partners stand on the front lines of our goal to create 25 new or radically redesigned schools across the next five years. Partners work intensively, daily, as collaborators with our school founders, managing them towards successful launch. Responsible for a set of 6-10 new schools, each Partner balances the art and science of the strategic pursuit of change, thoughtful decision making, resource allocation, and the risk inherent in trying to disrupt the traditions of our city’s public schools.
Each Partner will align his or her work and success with the ultimate progress and outcomes of each school. We are about results that deliver radically different results for students. We are looking for an aligned mindset in each Partner we hire.
- Manage and support school founders to and through launch. Play a pivotal role in producing/co-producing alongside each school founder the best plan for that school to support its successful launch.
- Broker critical resources. Ensure founding teams access and utilize people, partners, and expertise available to them in the market and support them to prioritize those that will yield the most benefit.
- Conduct needs assessments regularly and design customized oversight that supports each school’s progress. Understand the vision for a school, assess the leader’s strengths and gaps, and design tailor-made solutions to maximize impact. Frequently analyze progress and adjust plan as necessary.
- Research and aggregate information with school teams. Stay abreast of the latest findings in education, bring founding teams relevant, helpful ideas and context that can help accelerate their progress.
- Communicate progress. Routinely update Chief of School Creation and Transformation, as well as CityBridge management, with comprehensive progress of schools.
A strong Partner:
- shows tremendous aptitude for strategic thinking and planning, including superior analytical skills and initiative to regularly assess progress and adjust course accordingly;
- has a track record of successfully leading and motivating others through challenging work;
demonstrates excellent communication skills;
- learns and leads through an anti-racist, anti-bias lens;
- builds strong, honest relationships;
- has a high tolerance for risk and values the lean startup mentality;
- experience in or with start-up, entrepreneurial organizations is valuable to this role.
Start date is ASAP. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please submit your resume and one-page cover letter to JB Bridgeman at email@example.com.
BENEFITS AND SALARY INFORMATION
Salary for this position is competitive. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included.
CityBridge Education provides equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees.